The Habitat Critical Home Repair Program focuses primarily on repair and/or rehab projects that will improve the quality of life for the resident and provide a safe, decent home in designated neighborhoods in Horry County.
With recent funding from the Veterans Housing Rehabilitation Modification Program and Westgate Foundation, we are now able to serve Military Veterans in all of Horry County.
Habitat for Humanity offers volunteer labor and provides an affordable cost to qualified homeowners. The homeowner must be able to pay a percentage of the cost for the work done on the home. Payment will be based on applicant’s income and agreed upon at signing of contract.
Our program focuses on services such as the following, but not limited to:
- Window/door replacement
- Accessibility ramps
- Minor exterior repairs to siding & trim
- Replacement of steps/handrails for safety
- Energy efficiency projects/insulation
Projects that Do Not Qualify:
- Aesthetic (non-critical) home improvements
- Any project deemed outside scope of work
- Habitat’s repair program partners with low-income homeowners based on need and scope of the work. Projects are affordable thanks to our volunteers.
Applicant must currently own and occupy the home that needs work.
- Homes served must be in Horry County and be covered by current homeowner’s insurance.
- Applicant must provide information of qualifying income to demonstrate need. Income must fall below 80% of the area median income for Horry County.
- Applicant must be unable to afford the necessary home repairs and unable to complete them due to age, disability or circumstance.
All Veterans should include a copy of your DD-214.
For detailed information and eligibility questions, please call Danielle Lewis, Homeowners Specialist at 843-650-8815, ext. 8003.