In an effort to serve more families, Habitat for Humanity of Horry County launched a Maintenance and Repair branch of programming in 2022. Since the program’s inception, Habitat has served 98 families, mobilized 70 volunteers, and invested $125,000 into crucial repairs that restore and preserve affordable housing.
Currently our Critical Home Repair program is limited in geographic scope; however, our goal is to gradually expand the program county wide.
Through the Program, we offer home repair services to homeowners so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come. Our home repair work includes minor repair services to preserve home exteriors and revitalize neighborhoods.
Currently, home repair is available to homeowners who are Military Veterans within Horry County, SC or residents of Booker T. Washington and Racepath communities of Horry County, SC.
How does it work?
- Families partner with us based on income, need, ability to pay, and willingness to partner
- We use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low.
- We serve those who live in our focus partner neighborhoods, and those who have served in the military.
Why do we offer maintenance and repair services?
- Families need to live in safe and well-maintained homes.
- Neighborhoods become revitalized.
- Community connections are made.
- Affordable housing inventory is preserved.
What type of repairs do we offer?
We offer assistance for many kinds of projects, both interior and exterior.
Some examples of repairs we commonly address include:
- Plumbing or electrical work
- Roof repairs
- Replacing roofing, flooring windows, and doors
- Siding and painting